Crowhurst is a small village equidistant between Battle, Hastings and Bexhill-on-Sea in East Sussex.  It consists of some 2,168 acres, mostly pasture with some 400 acres of woods and plantations.  In medieval times the sea came up to the village and the Recreation Ground and some houses nearby are below sea level.  The earliest mention of Crowhurst was in 771 and it is also mentioned in the Domesday Book (1086).  Crowhurst Manor was built by Walter de Scotney in the 12th century, the ruins of which can still be seen next to the Church.

Crowhurst has a population of 838 (2009 estimates) covering a wide age range, a Church, Village Hall and a public house, The Plough Inn.  It is on the main Hastings to Charing Cross railway line making it popular with commuters living within and beyond the parish boundary.  There are 24 organisations represented in the village making it a lively, well integrated and active place, shown by the wealth and variety of activities organised by residents, the facilities they work to maintain, and the level of voluntary help given to so many organisations.